flying pitchers


what i mean is 
there is 
a pitcher with wings
that flies always above 
my crown
and pours down 
from space
pours out from a bottomless
place
vast and
far 
and away
then into
me
and i too
am a vessel
with wings
that flows freely
up 
after filling
up
pours back
what pours
is liquid
that is gaseous
that is black
that is rainbow
that is clear
that sparkles and
glitters
with every star 
ever
in / is
me
or you
or we
and blue blue blue 
do not 
forget
the before
and after
that is all in all and all
that could ever
be
the vessel and 
i
the vessel
fill 
and cleanse
and tip
and drip then flow
and replenish 
again
for all time
both not
and a dream
that is what
i mean

i keep things in my head and my heart
afraid they will thin
if i share them

it cannot be that way any more

Marc Chagall
Monotypes en couleur, 1963

Comments

channels